(That's a lot.)
Let your eligible Westpac home loan take care of your next holiday.
Have you heard? Right now. Velocity members can receive 200,000 Velocity Points when you buy a home and take out a $250,000 (or more) Westpac Premier Advantage Package Home Loan when you apply by 31 January 2019 and settle by 31 March 2019 – meaning you can get a hefty Points boost by buying or renovating your home.
So, what can this huge Points injection actually get you? Turns out: lots. From Business Class upgrades to flights from any Australian capital city to the Gold Coast for a family of four3, here’s how to let your home loan get you to your next holiday destination – among other things.
(By the way, if you take out a Westpac Premier Advantage Package Home Loan of $1 million dollars (or more) you will receive 500,000 Velocity Points1 – that’s a whole lot of Points.)
Your next family holiday to the Gold Coast
Looking to escape winter (or at least, escape to a less chilly version of winter)? When you’ve got a spare 200,000 Velocity Points, a warmer climate is just a few horizons away. Exchange your Points for a Virgin Australia Holidays gift card, pack up the family and get your family on their way to the Gold Coast.
Too cold to hit the surf? Take a stroll along the foreshore or take a hike in the nearby Lamington National Park for a taste of the rainforest. If you’re bringing the kids, take them to the theme parks and relish being the hero of the family (for the duration of the trip at least).
(Got a spare 500,000 Velocity Points? Head overseas on a Fijian getaway instead.)
a long drive to explore australia
One of the best things about living in Australia is that when you drive a couple of hours outside of your city or town, it’s like being transported to another planet. It’s kind of remarkable how vastly different Australian climates can be.
…And if you have been lucky enough to receive 200,000 Velocity Points, you can actually use your Points to pay for fuel at over 1,000 BP service stations2 – which will then enable the road trip of a lifetime!
Need some inspiration? Here are a few car trips we’d recommend:
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria
- Red Centre Way, Northern Territory
- Flinders Ranges, South Australia
- Great Barrier Reef Drive, Queensland
- Gibb River Road, Western Australia
A hotel stay in Hong KonG
Look, if you’ve just bought a new house or you’re about to spend an inordinate amount of time renovating, you probably deserve a little escape. Let us suggest taking a bit of a life break and luxuriating in a glamorous location like Hong Kong.
Why Hong Kong? Well the dumplings, the high-rises and the shopping are good enough reasons, but there is also a whole bunch of beautiful hotels where you can redeem your newly acquired Velocity Points for a few nights of indulgence.
And if you’ve managed to receive 500,000 Points with your Westpac packaged home loan? Well, looks like you’ll be luxuriating for a bit longer.
The Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply.
1. Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions available on request. Based on Westpac's credit criteria, residential lending is not available for Non-Australian Resident borrowers. This information has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. This includes any tax consequences arising from this promotion and customers should seek independent advice on any taxation matters. 200,000/500,000 Velocity Points offer available for new home loans taken as part of the Premier Advantage Package with a minimum loan size of $250,000/$1,000,000, respectively. Offer is valid for applications submitted and approved between 01 October 2018 to 31 January 2019 and settled by 31 March 2019. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Offer not available in conjunction with the $1,250 Refinance Rebate. Excludes all refinances including internal refinances and switches from Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. Excludes Equity Access loans. Not available to company and trust account holders. The Velocity Points will be issued to the first person on the application form (Primary applicant). Only one Velocity Points home loan offer can be taken up by the Primary applicant within a 12 month period. Primary applicant must be a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program to receive the Velocity Points. The Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply. For more information on the Velocity Frequent Flyer program, visit velocityfrequentflyer.com. Velocity Points must be requested by the Primary applicant within 60 days of the loan settlement date. Velocity Points will be applied to the Primary applicant’s Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 21 days of the request. Premier Advantage Package Conditions of Use apply. $395 annual package fee applies. You must either hold or be approved for a Westpac Choice transaction account in order to qualify and continue to receive the benefits of the Premier Advantage Package. The credit material in this promotion has been prepared by Westpac Banking Corporation Limited, Australian Credit Licence No. 233714
2. Available at participating BP service stations. To Pay With Points, the Velocity member must set up a Velocity PIN online at https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/everyday-essentials/bp which which must not be locked. Use 1,667 of your Velocity Points to get $10 off your purchase. The maximum equivalent dollar value which can be set as a Pay With Points is $60.00 which equates to 10,000 Velocity Points. BP Temporary Cards will not be accepted To Pay With Points.ares.
3. Fares subject to availability and are limited. Taxes, fees and surcharges payable and will vary depending on carrier, city pair, fare classes and date and time of booking. See Velocity website for information about fare conditions and how to book.