Putting your health first has never been so rewarding – literally.
Use your pets, pecs and pearly whites to earn Velocity Points.
We all know holidays are good for the mind, body and soul. So what if we told you there was a way (or maybe six ways) to improve your overall wellbeing and get you to an exotic relaxation station stat?
Well, follow these tips and you’ll have a healthy Velocity Points balance in no time.
Sign up for a gym membership
Join a Virgin Active gym and feel the earn every time you exercise, because with each workout, you’ll be building your Velocity Points balance, as well as your fitness levels. As a new Virgin Active member, you could land yourself 10,000 Velocity Points by hitting the gym three or more times a week – every week – for the first three months of your membership. After that, keep up the good work and you’ll receive 250 Points for every 12 visits you make per month (FYI existing members, this is the deal for you too). 2
So, if you need a little extra motivation to get off the sofa, start seeing your workouts as a chance to run/row/lift/downward dog your way to your next holiday.
Update your gym gear
So now you’re gym-bound, you’re probably thinking about getting all the associated gear. And did know you can activate Velocity Points with your activewear? Just shop online with our sportswear partners via the Velocity eStore and watch your Points pile up. You’ll bag 2 Points for every $1 spent with brands like Speedo, Kathmandu, New Balance, Rebel, The Iconic and Footlocker, along with a cracking 5 Points per $1 spent with onsport.com.au (just make sure you enter your Velocity membership number before you check out to collect your Points).3
Protect your pet
You’re probably already well clued up on how the kids can help you hot-foot it to the airport via Family Points Pooling, but they’re not the only ones with the power to turbocharge your Points balance. Your fur pals can also do their bit.
Sign up to a policy with petinsurance.com.au and you’ll earn three Velocity Points per $1 spent on your premium. You’ll also get peace of mind knowing your doggo or feline friend is in safe hands – and you can’t put a price tag on that. 4
Take out travel insurance
You’re taking to the skies (courtesy of your Velocity Points, we hope). And while we all hope nothing untoward happens when we’rehaving the time of our lives, there’s always the risk you could pull a muscle lifting that icy beverage to your lips.
But by taking out a policy with Cover-More, you’ll not only be covered for everything from accidental damage to emergency medical assistance, you’ll also earn 3 Points per $1 spent. Plus, an extra 50%, 75% or 100% in Bonus Points for Silver, Gold and Platinum members respectively, when you book via covermore.virginaustralia.com and virginaustralia.com.6
- Offer available for Velocity members who are new to Bupa, join with a selected health insurance policy from 9 March 2019 to 30 June 2019, agree to pay premiums by direct debit or payroll deduction, and provide their Velocity Member number on sign-up. Australian residents only. A selected health insurance policy is any single, couple or family Hospital only or combined Hospital and Extras product issued by Bupa. Exclusions apply. Velocity Points will be issued in 2 instalments over a 12-month period, with the first instalment arriving 3 months after the date you took out your Bupa cover and the second instalment arriving 11 months after the date you took out your Bupa cover. Different Points earn rates apply to NT residents: up to 80,000 Points for families and couples or up to 40,000 Points for singles. Offer not available with any other Bupa promotional join offer and is not available if you join through a price comparison site (including Compare The Market). See full terms and conditions.
- To be eligible for the 10,000 bonus Velocity Points offer you must join Virgin Active after 3 July and visit a Virgin Active Club:
a. 3 times a week for the first 12 weeks; or
b. 12 times every 4 weeks for the first 12 weeks;
after becoming a member.
The 12 week period will commence on the date that the Membership commences. Offer limited to 10,000 Velocity Points per Member.
If a member visits a Virgin Active Australian club 12 times from the end of the 12 week period to the end of the relevant calendar month, the member will also be eligible for 250 Velocity Points.
- Velocity members will earn 5 Velocity Points per $1 spent at onsport.com.au. Velocity Points will be earned on payments made by credit card or PayPal, or part payments (combination of Points + Credit Card/ Paypal). Velocity Points will not be earned on taxes, shipping fees, payment (or part payment) made via redemption of Velocity Points and payment (or part payment) made via redemption of onsport.com.au Gift Vouchers.
Velocity Points will be allocated to the member’s Velocity account on or around 4 weeks from the date payment, via credit card is approved.
- Apply for a petinsurance.com.au policy and earn a standard rate of 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent on premiums paid, regardless of payment frequency. Existing policy holders are not eligible to earn Points until they renew their policy. Points will appear in a members account within 37 days of payment. Petinsurance.com.au is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard); is promoted by Pet Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 607 160 930; AR 1234944) (PIPL); is distributed by Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) (Velocity); and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). PIPL is an authorised representative of PetSure. Any advice provided is general only, has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Consequently, before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of this information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain and consider the product disclosure statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold, Petinsurance.com.au Pet Insurance. Terms, conditions, waiting periods and exclusions apply. Points may not be allocated where the policy is cancelled or refunded.
- The standard earn rate is 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent on Cover-More products and policies. Bonus Points are applied to the base and not applied to tier bonus for Silver, Gold & Platinum members respectively. Only members listed on the policy are eligible to earn Points. The first and last name entered on the policy must match that of the Velocity Frequent Flyer membership number being entered. Only one customer Velocity Frequent Flyer number can be nominated for each policy purchased.
Please allow up to 14 business days from travel start date for Points to appear in your Velocity account. Points may not be allocated where the policy is cancelled or refunded. Limits, exclusions and conditions apply, as set out in the PDS. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to Member Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time.
Cover-More Travel Insurance - Australia
Limits, exclusions and conditions apply. This is general advice only. Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965, AR 279723) is an Authorised Representative of Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) who arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Please consider your own needs, financial situation and objectives and read the Combined FSG/PDS before deciding to buy this insurance. Money back guarantee available when you cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase provided you have not made a claim or departed on your journey. Please allow up to 14 days from travel start date for Points to appear in your Velocity account. Points may not be allocated where the policy is cancelled or refunded.
Cover-More Travel Insurance - New Zealand
Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965, AR 279723) offers this insurance on behalf of the insurer. Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ZAIL) incorporated in Australia, ABN 13 000 296 640, trading as Zurich New Zealand. For further information see Zurich New Zealand's financial strength rating. Consider the Policy Brochure and wording therein (available from us) before deciding about this travel insurance. Money back guarantee available when you cancel your policy within 14 days of purchase provided you have not made a claim or departed on your journey.