Tick everything off – including your next getaway.
If you’re anything like us, you have a love/hate relationship with life admin. While we’ll put it off for as long as we possibly can, we also know there’s nothing better than that smug feeling of accomplishment once we’ve ticked everything off our to-do list.
Well, get ready to feel your smugness levels soar. Because there are plenty of ways for savvy travellers like you to turn those everyday mundane tasks into something that actually is exciting. Say, your next holiday.
Get shopping at Coles
You’ve done the meal planning. Now you just need to tackle the Coles shop. But, hey, what’s that nestled next to your veggies? Oh yeah, a basket-load of flybuys points that you can conveniently turn into Velocity Points. Just link both accounts and convert your flybuys points to Velocity Points whenever you like (we’ll give you 870 Velocity Points for every 2,000 flybuys).1 Plus, you could be closer than you think to earning Velocity membership status because you’ll earn 1 Status Credit for every $100 you spend at Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor, up to 10 per month!2.
Fill up on Points at BP
10 kilometres left on your fuel gauge? Been on the red for the last few commutes? Need to drive to the shops but not sure you’ll make it? If you want to be a risk-taker, we can think of far better ways you could do it. Like taking a trip somewhere you’ve never been before. Or letting the kids pick your next holiday destination…
And filling up on fuel could actually help you get there. Providing you do it at a BP service station, you’ll earn 2 Velocity Points per litre of fuel, plus another 2 Points for every $1 spent in-store on eligible purchase (looking at your road trip snacks).3
Finally get around to sorting out your health insurance
Look, it’s something we all spend a lot of time researching, deliberating and then putting to the back of our minds for another six months. So, if you need a little extra nudge in the right direction, then up to 120,000 Velocity Points might do the trick. Switch to or join Bupa and you could earn up to 120,000 Points on selected families and couples cover, or up to 60,000 Points on selected singles cover.4
Make sure your pet is looked after
Parent to a fur baby? Get them covered with petinsurance.com.au, and you’ll earn 3 Points for every dollar you spend on premiums5. Points, plus peace of mind. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Schedule in those weekly workouts
Apparently, the only workout you regret is the one you didn’t do (a statement made by someone who has clearly never walked into an advancedHIIT class by accident). But if you’ve been a bit lax in committing to a gym, well, have we got an incentive for you.
New members who sign up to a Virgin Active Australian club and visit three or more times every week for the first 12 weeks will receive 10,000 Velocity Points. It means you could be training hard one season, then taking a holiday the next. And that goes for existing Virgin Active members too. Earn up to 500 Velocity Points per month if you hit the 12-workout target and start dreaming about that breakfast buffet. You’ve earnt it.6
Send that parcel (without a trip to the post office!)
For most of us, squeezing in a trip to the post office can be challenging in the working week, and chances are it’s closed by the time your Saturday sleep-in is over with. That’s why we’re obsessed with Sendle – a courier service that picks up from your home, and costs less than a trip to the post office.
Schedule a time for collection and Sendle will pick your parcel up from your door, and deliver directly to its destination – whether that’s down the road or on the other side of the world. Better yet, you’ll earn 1 Velocity Point per $1 spent when you’re an ‘Easy’ or ‘Premium’ Sendle account holder7, and you can feel real good about the fact your delivery was 100% carbon neutral, too.
1. Velocity Frequent Flyer members must link their Velocity membership to their flybuys household to enable the transfer of their flybuys points to Velocity Points. Linked households may transfer a minimum of 2,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 870 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) per redemption and a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points) for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points per household, per calendar year. flybuys points can only be transferred in increments of 2,000. Visit www.flybuys.com.au/transfer to transfer flybuys points. flybuys points transferred for Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will be credited to the linked Velocity account.
Standard flybuys Terms and Conditions apply to the collection of flybuys points. Standard Velocity Frequent Flyer Membership Terms and Conditions apply once points are transferred to Velocity Frequent Flyer.
2. Velocity Frequent Flyer members must link their Velocity membership to their flybuys household to earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits. In non-promotional periods, the earn rate for Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be 1 Status Credit for every $100 spent (including GST) each calendar month in total across Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor. No part Status Credits will be allocated, only whole Status Credits per $100 spend. The Velocity Frequent Flyer member linked to the flybuys program membership (as at the end of the calendar month) will be awarded the Status Credits. The nominated linked member may earn up to a maximum of 10 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits per calendar month. Spend excludes tobacco and tobacco related products, charity donations and gift card purchases. Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited. Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will not appear on your flybuys statement; see your Velocity account for your total Status Credit balance. Velocity members also need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors in addition to Status Credits to upgrade or maintain a new level of membership. Find out more about the Status Credit and Eligible Sector requirements for Velocity membership levels. Standard flybuys Terms and Conditions apply to the collection of flybuys points.
3. Velocity members can earn Velocity Points by swiping their Membership Card or BP Temporary Card at the point of sale at the time of an Eligible Purchase at Participating BP service stations. Non Velocity members can earn Velocity Points by swiping a BP Temporary Card at the point of sale at the time of an Eligible Purchase at Participating BP service stations and successfully registering the BP Temporary Card within 30 days of activation to their Velocity Membership Account.
For each Eligible Purchase, 2 Velocity Points will be earned:
(a) for every 1 litre of fuel purchased (excluding pre-packaged fuel products), up to a maximum of 150 litres, per transaction; or
(b) for each $1 spent on in store purchases, car services and car repairs, up to a maximum spend of $100, per transaction.
4. Offer available for Velocity members who are new to Bupa, join with a selected health insurance policy from 1 July 2018, agree to pay premiums by direct debit or payroll deduction, and provide their Velocity Member number on sign-up. Australian residents only. A selected health insurance policy is any single, couple or family Hospital only or combined Hospital and Extras product issued by Bupa. Exclusions apply. Velocity Points will be issued in 2 instalments over a 12-month period, with the first instalment arriving 3 months after the date you took out your Bupa cover and the second instalment arriving 11 months after the date you took out your Bupa cover. Different Points earn rates apply to NT residents: up to 80,000 Points for families and couples or up to 40,000 Points for singles. Offer not available with any other Bupa promotional join offer and is not available if you join through a price comparison site (including Compare The Market). See full terms and conditions.
5. Apply for a petinsurance.com.au policy and earn a standard rate of 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent on premiums paid, regardless of payment frequency. Existing policy holders are not eligible to earn Points until they renew their policy. Points will appear in a members account within 37 days of payment. Petinsurance.com.au is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard); is promoted by Pet Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 607 160 930; AR 1234944) (PIPL); is distributed by Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) (Velocity); and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). PIPL is an authorised representative of PetSure. Any advice provided is general only, has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Consequently, before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of this information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain and consider the product disclosure statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold, Petinsurance.com.au Pet Insurance. Terms, conditions, waiting periods and exclusions apply. Points may not be allocated where the policy is cancelled or refunded.
6. To be eligible for the 10,000 bonus Velocity Points offer you must join Virgin Active after 3 July and visit a Virgin Active Club:
a. 3 times a week for the first 12 weeks; or
b. 12 times every 4 weeks for the first 12 weeks;
after becoming a member.
The 12 week period will commence on the date that the Membership commences. Offer limited to 10,000 Velocity Points per Member. If a member visits a Virgin Active Australian club 12 times from the end of the 12 week period to the end of the relevant calendar month, the member will also be eligible for 250 Velocity Points.
8. Offer for new and existing residential customers in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA (electricity and gas) and QLD (electricity only) with a Velocity Frequent Flyer membership who sign up directly for an Velocity Anytime Saver electricity and/or gas service, agree to receive bills and correspondence by email and agree to pay bills by direct debit. Customers will receive 5,000 Velocity Points for an electricity service, 5,000 Velocity Points for a gas service, or 10,000 Velocity Points for both electricity and gas services. Customers will also receive 2,000 Anniversary Points at each continuous 12-month anniversary of joining EnergyAustralia, providing they stay on the residential electricity or gas plan and satisfy the eligibility criteria. Terms and conditions available here. EnergyAustralia reserve the right to change this offer at any time. Use of Velocity Points is subject to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions available here